Wednesday 14 March 2018

Going Home Again: a #Romance #Novel by Carol Cassada

Carol Cassada hails from a small town in Virginia. Growing up, Carol loved to read, but it wasn’t until her teens when she decided to be a writer. After taking a creative writing class, Carol set out on her writing journey.

After graduating college, Carol began writing her first book, Going Home Again. Since then, she’s written and published 7 volumes in the Westmore series. With a penchant for romance and drama, Carol’s books draw you in with their soap opera essence.

Although romance is her main genre, Carol has expressed interest in writing in writing other genres. With a notebook full of ideas, Carol promises there’s more to come with her stories.

Connect with the Author





About the Book


Fashion photographer Rachel Mitchell was living the good life in New York; she had everything she ever wanted. However, the death of her mother sends Rachel home to Virginia to be with her family. Upset she seeks comfort from her ex-boyfriend Cole Ashton and they start to reconnect. Their reunion makes Rachel question her life and she’s left with a difficult decision, either stay in New York or start a new life with Cole in Virginia. Which will she choose?


Get it Today!


Amazon | Smashwords | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo



Keep reading for an excerpt:


Rachel took a sip of water and heard a tender voice. "At long last, we finally meet." Water dribbled from the glass onto Rachel's chin. She wiped her chin with her hand and turned to see Cole. He looked the same the last time she saw him. Same short brown hair and dark brown eyes that could hypnotize anyone. He wore a gray suit, with a white button shirt and black tie, the first time Rachel had ever seen him in a suit. She couldn't believe Cole Ashton; her ex-boyfriend was standing in front of her. Feeling uncomfortable, she began to fidget; running her fingers through her hair. She didn't know what to say or do.

Finally, Cole broke the silence. "Hey, Rach."

"Hello, Cole." Rachel took another sip of water.

"I'm sorry about your mom."

"Thank you."

"She was a great woman." Cole picked up a cracker.

"I've been hearing that a lot lately."

"It's true, she really was. I've always thought a lot of her. She was always nice to me, treated me like I was her son."

Rachel took a few more sips of water. It was no secret that her family adored, actually loved Cole. They always thought he was the perfect man for her. It broke their hearts more than it did hers when she and Cole broke up. But Cole remained a close friend of the family. Whenever Rachel called home, her mother would give her updates about Cole. Even though Rachel acted like she didn't care, she was curious about what went on in his life. "She treated everyone like they were family."

"I know. I'm going miss her. She was my best customer."

"Customer?"

"Yeah, she trusted me with the repairs on her car."

"So, you're still working as a mechanic?"

"Yes."

"Which shop are you working in?"

"Actually, I have my own shop."

"Really?"

"Yeah, my cousins and I opened our own repair shop."

"That's good. I'm happy for you. That was always your dream."

"Thank you. Your family keeps us in business. It seems like every week they’re coming in with a new problem."

"They were never any good at car repairs.” Rachel gave a half-smile. “I can see why they came to you.”

"Every time I see them they talk about you."

"About me?"

"They talk about your life in New York. Your mother bragged the most, she really loved you."

"We've always had a close bond." Rachel looked down at the water in her glass. Sadness began to overwhelm her again.

Cole sensed Rachel's moodiness and quickly changed the subject. "So how long are you going to be in town?"

"I'm leaving in two days. I just came back for the funeral and to help my sisters."

"You know, if you're ever in town again and want to get together to catch up on old times, give me a call."

"Okay, I'll think about it."

"It was good seeing you, Rach." Cole held out his hand.

"Good seeing you too."

With a quick handshake, Cole and Rachel said goodbye. Rachel watched as Cole and his mother left. She felt relief sweep over her, glad her meeting with Cole was over. For the second time, Cole was out of her life. But little did she know how much he would be a part of her future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!