Wednesday 7 February 2018

The Follow 2: Blocked - A #Romance Novel by Eliza David




Eliza David is the author of the six-book Cougarette series. She was born and raised on the noisy South Side of Chicago, but now lives in super quiet Iowa. When she’s not writing, working full-time, or raising two children with her loving husband, Eliza enjoys reading throwback Jackie Collins and indulging in the occasional order of cheese fries.

Eliza is a blogger as well, having served as a contributing writer for Real Moms of Eastern Iowa, Good Men Project, and Thirty on Tap. She was a featured panelist at the Iowa Soul Festival and Iowa City Book Festival.

Eliza's ninth novel, The Follow, dropped in July 2017. Its sequel (The Follow 2: Blocked), slated for release on February 16, 2018, is available for preorder now. She's currently working on a spinoff to The Follow duet - The Lamar St. Jon Experience - a novella slated for release in March 2018.

Connect with the Author





About the Book


“They say walking away from the one you love is one of the hardest things you’ll ever do…”


King Smith is blocked.

The R&B superstar's latest project is producing the soundtrack for the book-to-film, Everything in the Stars. When the crooner hits a writer's block, he links up with his former songwriting partner (and former lover) songstress Silk Matthews for inspiration. Soon, the two rekindle their creative spark and the sensual memories of their romance resurface.

Social media exec Shauna McIntyre supports her boyfriend King, but struggles with his reunion with Silk. King’s late nights at the studio with the sexy siren begin to take a toll on her. When tensions reach a fever pitch, Shauna finds comfort in an unlikely source: Everything in the Stars novelist Jake Vasquez.

This anticipated sequel to The Follow finds a love affair in peril. Will a shot at a hit song destroy King and Shauna’s love, forcing them to find solace in the arms of new (and old) loves?

BONUS CONTENT: The first chapter of the spin-off novella, The Lamar St. Jon Experience, is included.

Pre-order it today on Amazon!



Keep reading for an interview with the author:


Why did you decide to be a writer?


I've always been (and still am) an avid reader. Once I felt the percolation of a story inside of me, I had no choice but to write it. Three years and ten novels later, here I am!

Did you have a hard time sharing your work with the public?


Not really. I'm a natural extrovert and I knew that if I wrote a book, at least one person (my mother!) would read it. That was enough to give me the gumption to write and self-publish my first novel, The Cougarette (which is permafree on Amazon Kindle: https://goo.gl/to89SS)

Where are you from?


I'm born and raised in Chicago but have spent the last two decades in Iowa City - which has a wonderful literary community. I've worked with the Iowa Writers House, the local UNESCO org, and am a board member at my local library.

What genres do you write?


Contemporary romance, roughly 3.5/5 on the heat scale.

Is there a genre that you've been wanting to experiment with?


My latest WIP (a spinoff of my Follow series) will be my first knack at M/M romance. It's entitled The Lamar St. Jon Experience, a novella I plan to release in late March/early April. I'd also like to try my hand at romantic thrillers and erotic short stories.

What inspires you to write?


I love being an escape for my readers. When you crack open one of my books, you'll need a glass of whatever calms your mind nearby. I write for women who need a sexy break from their daily grind.

What is the quirkiest thing you've ever done while writing?


All of my books have a musical muse. For The Follow 2: Blocked, my musical muse was Amy Winehouse. So, before I wrote, I'd listen to my Amy playlist for a few tracks to get me in the mood for writing the words.

What is the oddest thing you've ever researched for one of your books?


The mechanics of male masturbation.

What are your goals as an author?


After the release of The Lamar St. Jon Experience, I'm taking a short break from noveling to get back into scriptwriting. I plan to turn my Cougarette series into a TV series one of these days. Within five years, I hope to have been selected for at least on network TV writing program.

If you were stranded on a deserted island, and you could only have five books with you, what would they be?


Sula x Toni Morrison, Sex and the City x Candace Bushnell, The Great Gatsby x F. Scott Fitzgerald, In Search Of Our Mothers' Gardens x Alice Walker, and Fear of Flying x Erica Jong

Do you have any advice for other authors?


Never stop writing. Keep pushing the pen. Also, don't compare yourself to other authors. Imposter syndrome is real and should be avoided as much as possible. Every word you write brings you closer to your writing voice and your specific writing journey. Keep at it!

Do you have anything specific you'd like to say to your readers?


My cup runneth over for every single soul who ever read, reviewed, tweeted, FB posted, or told someone else about any of my books. You will NEVER know how much you inspire me to keep writing the sexy tales. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!