Wednesday 10 January 2018

The A to Z of You and Me: #Poetry by Jeremy Mifsud

Jeremy Mifsud is a final-year psychology student, currently enrolled at the University of Malta. In his poems, he writes about various topics, including mental health, LGBTQ-related topics, love and environmentalism. His works have been featured in multiple anthologies, including an upcoming anthology "Please Hear What I'm Not Saying" (2018). His next collection "Welcome to the Sombre Days" is forthcoming in 2018, by which he hopes to connect with LGBTQ youth and other youth who suffer from mental health problems.






Connect with the Author




Sign up for Jeremy's Newsletter!



About the Book


The A to Z of You and Me is a collection of 26 love poems. The poems featured in this publication are all dedicated to my boyfriend and tell my experience of our story in an honest way. Feelings expressed within the poems range from those of adoration and love to those vulnerable moments of isolation and neglect. Throughout the book, these conflicting emotions clash in a harmonious symphony, painting the whole picture of the relationship, with all its struggles and rewards.

Get it Today!



Keep reading for an excerpt:


Silence


I enter the room,
my footsteps echo,
as the cold air
touches my skin.

My heart beating,
body breathing,
no other movement
can be heard.

You are nowhere to be seen,
my eyes remain hopeful,
trying to find a trace
of any of your belongings.

No luck,
I hear the clock tick and tock,
and that is the only sound
I can hear.

The walls keep on closing on me,
time running out,
I am suffocating out of oxygen,
suffering in silence.

Then, I scream,
sound waves breaking out the silence,
can you hear me
squeal in pain?

I try breaking out the walls,
find a way to communicate
but I am locked inside,
constantly knocking for your reply.

There is no light that gives me hope,
darkness shrouds the room,
and I lay here waiting,
I will keep on waiting,
until I hear your voice again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!