Wednesday 6 December 2017

Hidden Revolt by Jeffrey Bardwell

Jeffrey Bardwell wrote his first fantasy epic when he was 7 years old: a thrilling single page adventure. Subsequent epics have grown and matured alongside their author. He devours fantasy and science fiction novels and is most comfortable basking near a warm wood stove. When not writing, Jeffrey enjoys cooking, gardening, and shooing baby dragons from the compost bin.

The author lives on a farm. He is overfond of puns and alliterations and a gigantic ham. He is also an unabashed history, mythology, and ecology buff and would love to hear from you. Send him an email!



Connect with the Author




Get a Free Exclusive Short Story!



About the Book


Welcome to the revolution. Fire up the dragons!


The Iron Empire is ripe for revolt. The guilds are repressive, the price of dragon rum and steaks are soaring, and the mage menace spreads unchecked. Resentment builds. One day a young hero clanks into the capital and promises to kick the imperial palace to rubble.

Devin, more artifice than mage with his mechanical foot, returns to the empire, his nemesis Captain Vice in hot pursuit. The firebrand mage stirs the passions of imperial citizens under the guise of dragon conservation. We are all like slabs of dragon flesh: once powerful and mighty, but the empire bleeds us until nothing remains but bones and ruptured organs. The message resonates. A rebellion is born in secrecy and treachery. Beneath their cloaks of lies and shifting alliances, mages, gentry, and commoners alike reach for the mantle of the butchered dragon while Captain Vice's iron fist slowly closes around them.

Rise up and smash the state in Book Three of The Artifice Mage Saga. Join the fantasy steampunk brawl of metal vs. magic where sorcery is bloody, science is greasy, and nobody's hands are clean.

Get it Today!


AmazonTwigboat Press


Keep reading for an interview with the author:


Why did you decide to be a writer?


I enjoy telling stories and crafting worlds.

What genres do you write?


I write speculative fiction, primarily epic fantasy steampunk.


What is the quirkiest thing you've ever done while writing?


Wore my cat on draped across shoulders like a snoring fur stole. She kept my neck warm and I provided her a bony bed.

What is the biggest obstacle you face as an author and what do you do to overcome it?


Delegating is the hardest task I face. It's too easy to fall into the trap of wanting to do every single thing yourself.

What is the best compliment you've ever received as an author?


Someone once told me that my language was beautiful and my imagery evocative and my characters felt like real, flawed people. Just not the same someone at all three times.


Have you ever had a particularly harsh critique?


Wept. Gnashed my teeth. Scanned it again for the useful advice.

What fears do you have about writing and being an indie author?


Oh, doubts galore. Who doesn't? They're a part of me, but they're not the boss of me.

Would you recommend self-publishing to other authors?


If it's your lifelong dream, go for it. If it's not your lifelong dream, go for it anyway. Either way, you'd better be the most stubborn son of a . . . . ahem, determined individual in the world to make it work.

What is your writing process?


Idea. Character arcs. Outline. First Draft. Developmental Edit. Second Draft. Copyedit. Third Draft. Format. Publish. Shout out to my editor and beta readers! The second half of that process would get pretty rocky without you. Thanks, everyone.

Are you a pantser or outliner?


I am an outliner, though probably an outlier outliner. Whole scenes have a way of just sneaking into my outlines.


What are you working on now?


I am currently writing the third book in 'The Artifice Mage Saga,' an ongoing fantasy steampunk adventure where the destiny of an empire rests on one man's shoulders.

What inspired your current work?


I was inspired by my father's old workshop filled with mysterious hand tools to write about an artificer who gets caught in a situation where all his vaunted tool knowledge is useless.


How do you market/promote your work?


Lately, I've been experimenting with AMS ads. I've got a background in statistical analysis, so exploring different multivariate analyses on my own sales dataset has been fun.


Do you have anything specific you'd like to say to your readers?


Thank you for allowing me to have a career I love. I've enjoyed getting to know some of you via emails. I hope to meet more of you face to face at a fantasy convention some day and look forward to producing more stories for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!