Wednesday 11 October 2017

Dragonblood Throne: Legacy by Tom Fallwell




Early in life, Tom Fallwell discovered a love for fantasy and science-fiction, delighting in the wonderful escape into realms undreamed of. Weaned on the greats like J.R.R. Tolkien, Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, Arthur C. Clarke, Robert E. Howard, Roger Zelazny, Robert A. Heinlein, and Michael Moorcock, just to name a few, Tom's imagination was forever inspired by those marvelous tales.

One day, he discovered a simple book of rules called 'Chainmail', by Gary Gygax, and found a new love: the love of creating adventures and stories of his own. 'Chainmail' evolved into 'Dungeons & Dragons', and Tom played consistently with friends as both a player and a dungeon master (DM) for decades. Such activities helped him develop his ability to create worlds and stories for other players to enjoy.

Now retired from his long career as a software developer, Tom writes all the adventures and characters that constantly fill his mind and shares them with the world.

Connect with the Author



Sign up for Updates!


About the Book


Orphaned as a young child and growing up alone in the forest, Delina lives a life of isolation; her only companion a saber-toothed panther. Her strange eyes frighten those she occasionally encounters, so she keeps to herself, until a young, wounded warrior ends up at her doorstep. As she nurses him back to health, she discovers she is more than just a young woman with unusual eyes, she is a dragonblood, destined to become the ruler of Almar.

Now hunted by the dark sorcerer who murdered her father, usurped his throne, and killed all her kin, she must find out how she can release the essence of the dragon inside her to defeat him. Everything depends upon her willingness to embrace her legacy and reclaim the Dragon Throne.


Get it Today!





Keep reading for an interview with Delina, a character from the story:


Did you have a close relationship with your family?


My mother was killed when I was five years old, and I never knew my father. I've lived alone, except for Morlok, in the forest all my life since.


What is the happiest memory from your childhood?


Playing at the edge of the river with the turtles while mamma washed clothes in the cold waters. The tiny turtles would snap, but they didn't hurt, and I remember laughing as I played and mamma's soothing voice telling me she loved me.

Who was your best friend growing up?


Morlok has always been my best friend and companion. She is a shadowfang, and saved me when I was lost and alone. She all but raised me as if I was one of her own cubs.


Who is your enemy?


The High Lord Kargoth, the self declared ruler of Almar. He murdered my father and killed all my kin, claiming the Dragon Throne for himself.

Tell us a little about your world, and where you fit in?


I have lived in the forests of Almar, with Morlok, as a hermit, avoiding direct contact with others because my eyes frighten them. I'm a dragonblood, one who contains the essence of a dragon within, though I appear to be an elf. My kin ruled Almar, more specifically, my father, for hundreds of years before the usurper came. There is a prophecy that a dragonblood will one day return and defeat the dark and evil High Lord, and reclaim the Dragon Throne.

Who has been the greatest influence in your life?


Morlok has been the only friend I've known for many years. She taught me to hunt and has watched over me. Some may say she is just an animal, a cat of the wilds, but she is far more than that. I cannot imagine life without her.

Have you ever been in love?


I've never met anyone that I cared about, Morlok being my only companion. Though, she is a cat, and not a person. Yet, there is this man who was being chased by the blackguard of Kargoth, and he was injured at the entrance to my cavern home. I nursed him back to health, and I found that he looks at me differently than any others have before. I like how his eyes shine with affection when he looks upon me, unafraid of my strange eyes.

What kind of clothing do you prefer to wear?


I have always made my own clothing, from the furs of bears and other creatures of the forest. I prefer those furs made from the black bears that roam these woods.

What is your favorite food?


I'm very fond of the boar stew that I make myself, using the wonderful kapor roots found in the forest for seasoning, as well as few vegetables, of course.

What do you own that would be hardest to part with?


I have a bow that I made myself, and use for hunting. Made with my own hands, I cannot imagine not having it with me. Yet, there are no material things that I could not part with, as long as Morlok is always at my side. I truly love our hunting excursions together.


Name some of your bad habits.


I lose my temper easily with most folk I do encounter from time-to-time. They look upon me with fear, and it infuriates me.

What do you regret most in your life?


Running away as my mother was burned to death by the local villagers as a witch. They feared my eyes, and would have burned me as well, but mother had made a secret tunnel and urged me to escape into the forest. I'm still haunted by her cries as I ran, terrified, into the dark woods alone. I was only five years old, but the memory is strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!