Monday 3 October 2016

Blackbeard's Daughter by Diana Strenka

I have a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, and a Master's Degree in Education. I have authored and self-published several short stories on Smashwords and Amazon. One such title is Rescuing the Titanic, a fictional account of the Californian arriving before the Titanic sinking. I have also published several nonfiction articles for HubPages on medieval and renaissance historical figures.

Connect with the author on Facebook!


About the Book


Colonial dreams have become piratical nightmares. Margaret's life takes one disastrous turn after the other as she confronts the perils of murder, war, and revenge. When her father decides to pursue criminal mischief aboard a pirate's vessel, Margaret joins him in an effort to save his life. Though unsuccessful, Margaret discovers the unforgettable treasure that her father has left her: love, laughter, and an unquenchable spirit for adventure.


Get it today on Amazon!


Keep reading for an interview with Blackbeard the Pirate from Blackbeard's Daughter:


Where were you born, and what was it like growing up there?


I was born in England in 1680. My house was a prison. I hated it there. My parents were horrible for what they did to Elid. Horrible! But, I showed them! I made them pay for what they did to Elid! I treated my servants with respect! I didn't follow in their terrible footsteps, and I didn't endure their legacy. I created my own!

Did you have a close relationship with your family?


I loved my wife, Eleanor. I had two children, Margaret and Thomas. I wasn't the perfect father, you see. I had my flaws. But I loved them, and despite all of this, they still loved me. I just wished I could have protected them in the end.


Who is your enemy? What makes you enemies?


Anyone who would dare defy me, or my family, becomes my enemy! You are also my enemy if you stand in the way of my treasures!

Tell us a little about your world, and where you fit in?


I am a pirate in colonial America. I don't fit in with society. I break all rules and conventions. I am myself!

What are your goals? What would you like to achieve?


I would like to leave my children with a legacy they will always remember. I want to give them all of my treasure, and I want them to never have to want for anything!

What is the most important lesson you've learned about life?


I have learned that it's important to always be true to who you are, and to live your life to the fullest. You cannot predict tomorrow, but you can enjoy your life right here and now.


Where is the best place to visit in your world? What places should visitors avoid?


The best place to visit would be the ocean, of course! There's nothing like being in the middle of the open sea, where all your troubles are behind you. Of course, if you are a merchant, you should avoid any and all pirate ships! We will come for you!


Have you ever been in love? How did that work out for you?


I was in love twice. My first love was kidnapped by Indians, and butchered by English troops. My second love died of consumption. As you can see, it didn't work out for me very well.

What kind of clothing do you prefer to wear?


My best clothing is my captain's gear: my lit fuses inside my thick beard! It scares the devil out of anyone that crosses my path!

What was your greatest achievement?


My greatest achievement was being a father to my two children, Margaret and Thomas. They challenged me to be a better man than I really am.


Name some of your bad habits.


Piracy, drinking too much ale, and letting my wicked temper run loose.

What do you regret most in your life? Why?


I regret leaving Thomas and Margaret when they needed me. I was a coward! I should never have abandoned my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!