Monday 19 October 2015

Matanzas Moon by Elizabeth Raven

Elizabeth Raven is a wife, mother, and Veterinary Professional hovering in the shadows and moonlight of relentlessly sunny Jacksonville, Florida. Daylight hours are spent indoors working, reading, cooking, or spending time with family, friends, and her four black cats. Otherwise, she can be found dancing, socializing or joining Ghost Tours whenever her imaginary friends let her out to play!

Connect with the Author


About the Book

Free-spirited Bridget Quinn is keenly aware that she has always been slightly off-center from her peers. She’d honed her skills in Palmistry, Tarot, and Astrology since the tender age of nine. Plagued by night terrors involving deceased pets she attended as a Veterinary Technician while applying to Vet School, she decides to pack her three black cats and move to St. Augustine, FL to open Lunatique, a New Age/Metaphysical store in the heart of the Historic District. Living in our nation’s oldest, and notoriously haunted, city Bridget is unable to deny her newly discovered gift of clairvoyance. Her hopes of a quiet life of introspection are shattered as a spirit clamors for her assistance. When her attempts to help implicate her in the ghastly murders at Flagler College, Bridget finds herself caught in a web of mystery and mayhem. Her heart dangling between Nick Maddox, the compellingly attractive but rigorously skeptical police officer, and RIP Ryder, a witty and rascally hearse-driving ghost tour guide, Bridget endeavors to stop the madness as the body count rises.

Buy the Book


An Interview with Bridget Quinn from Matanzas Moon


Where were you born, and what was it like growing up there?


I was born in Jacksonville, FL but grew up in Interlachen, FL (a small town near Gainesville, FL). It's a sleepy lake town. As a red-head I spent my time in the lake in the evenings and early mornings. That's OK because I had several imaginary friends to play with since my older sisters were busy with their own interests.

Who was your best friend growing up?


My imaginary friends were my best companions. I met many over the years, but I had three main ones. It's funny looking back on all that, knowing what I know now...

If you could compare yourself to someone from another novel, who would it be? What are your similarities and differences?


Dare I say Scarlett O'Hara? I can't possibly compare, but to note a few similarities we share: We're both fiercely independent, and we both have impetuous tempers!

Who is your enemy? What makes you enemies?


Umm, well... I don't have a specific enemy per se. I guess, most recently, it would be Missy Dean. Mainly because she tried to kill me! It's weird though. I don't agree with all her actions, but since I found out what happened to her and *why* she did what she did... I can't say I blame her! Live and let live, I say… except when someone is trying to kill people!

Who do you most admire in your world? Why?


Healers. They selflessly give of themselves to help repair those around them, regardless of classifications like age, species, or if they have a pulse...

What are your goals? What would you like to achieve?


I want to make Lunatique a huge success. Maybe expand to a chain! Also, I haven't completely given up on Vet School... I may reapply in a few years...

What is the most important lesson you've learned about life?


Life is a dynamic process. We should step out of our comfort zones to grow and improve. Otherwise, we become stagnant.

Have you ever been in love? How did that work out for you?


Oh! So complicated! It’s so hard choosing between two ridiculously hot guys that are basically polar opposites of each other! Do you choose RIP? (The fun, jokey guy that validates your beliefs and psychic gifts, but has a known reputation as a local Ladies Man). Or Nick? (The infuriatingly rigid, but compellingly magnetic police officer that makes you feel like a complete airhead one minute, and a wanton cat in heat the next). I’ll let you know when I figured it all out!

What kind of clothing do you prefer to wear?


Goth, Bo-Ho, Hippy-Chic, with a touch of Vintage (especially for dates).

What is your favorite food? If it's an usual one, could you describe it for us?


I try to live cruelty free. I choose cruelty free cosmetics and household items. I tried veganism a few years ago, but it just was too limited for my system. I got sick. So, I try to limit animal protein to fish and eggs. But I will occasionally eat turkey, chicken, and rarely beef.

What do you own that would be hardest to part with? Why?


Well, I would say my cats... but I don't consider myself their *owner*. We have an open agreement. If I had to pick one possession I could not part with, it would be my Robin Wood Tarot deck. I've owned it since I was 12 and it has guided me and my friends through many predicaments.

What was your greatest achievement?


My Bachelors in Animal Science and Biology from UF. But, when I didn't get into Vet School, I redirected my career to open Lunatique, a metaphysical store in Historic St. Augustine, FL.

Name some of your bad habits.


I need to stop smoking and drinking so much... I know healthier ways to manage stress. I really should meditate more, but sometimes it's just easier to go out and drink and dance my troubles away!

If you could change something about yourself, what would it be? Why?


My temper. I am way too sensitive sometimes. I hear something that strikes me as an insult and I freak out, before I determine intent. I really need to get a handle on that.

Would you ever or have you ever lied? How do you feel about lying?


Not a fan of blatant lies. I have, on occasion, relied on semantics to save me from an outright lie of omission...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I hope you will show your support to these indie authors. Please leave a comment!